Our Marketing Manager Sofia is off to her next adventure abroad and Voima Ventures is therefore looking for a motivated and performance-driven Marketing and Communications Manager to join the team. In this role you get to work with inspiring game-changing deep tech startups, learn about innovative technologies and see how you personally have an impact in the tech ecosystem.
Voima Ventures’ mission is to scale solutions from science for the people, planet and industry. As the first Nordic science-based VC fund, we are on a long term journey to become the leading deep tech VC fund in Europe. By joining us, you will join a motivated, diverse and supportive team and a network of 30+ portfolio companies in various deep tech fields, globally leading co-investors and university partners.
Consider yourself an ideal candidate if you…
- Work around tech startups or in the VC sector
- Think that world-changing, deep tech, impact entrepreneurship and venture capital are inspiring
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and you are comfortable presenting to others
- Thrive through successfully executing various marketing-related projects independently in a timely manner, producing measurable results with a creative touch
- Have a curious mindset and are eager to to learn more about science and technologies such as quantum, hydrogen and biotech
- Are a team player that enjoys working in a small team
- Have working knowledge of contemporary marketing tools & software, such as Klaviyo, WordPress, Google Analytics, and Brandwatch.
- Additionally, you’re experienced in producing visual content in Photoshop, Adobe Express, Figma or similar.
- Are located in the Nordics or the Baltics, fluent in English (Swedish and/or Finnish is a plus)
- Have a minimum of 4 years professional experience working with/in startups or relevant communication or marketing role
- Existing connections to the relevant Nordic/European tech media are considered a plus
Your role as a Marketing and Communications Manager
We offer you a unique opportunity to work with world-changing deep tech growth companies and you will get to deep dive into the Nordic and Baltic venture capital community. The role includes various tasks within marketing, communications and PR for both Voima Ventures and supporting our portfolio companies.
As a Marketing and Communications Manager, you can expect to plan and execute the Voima Ventures marketing strategy, including:
- Planning and executing our communication strategy with the Voima Ventures team
- Increasing our brand awareness and presence as the leading deep tech VC across Nordics and Baltics through earned media & continuous PR presence
- Planning, managing and executing our social media presence – as well as communicating and keeping the whole team up to speed on what is happening on the marketing front
- Consulting our portfolio companies on their brand, look & feel, recruiting and other marketing-related topics
- Planning and creating content as well as writing copy for press releases, blog posts, our website and social media. Pitching stories and ideas to the press and various events.
- Creating compelling ways to showcase and improve Voima Ventures thought leadership content across different formats and channels
- Managing our newsletter strategy and implementation, as well as LP-related marketing & communication
- Organizing events such as quarterly gatherings for our portfolio company CEOs, internal team days and investor meetings, as well as events for bigger audiences, such as our Slush side events
- Identifying continuous opportunities to improve processes, systems and templates and work cross-functionally to execute them
The position can be executed remotely from time to time but you will need to spend the majority of your time at our offices either in Helsinki or Stockholm. The hiring process involves an initial phone conversation/online meeting, followed by a practical interview including a small example task, and lastly a meeting with the team members.
We would love for you to join us as soon as possible, depending on your availability.
Working at Voima Ventures
We are a team of 13 that works closely to support each other in various tasks. In our team, we value continuous learning, inclusivity and teamwork. While working at Voima Ventures you can expect:
- Collaboration in a dynamic and motivated team as well as close cooperation with our portfolio companies
- Flexible working hours and remote work opportunity
- Colleagues with integrity, a good work ethic and who genuinely care about the people they work with and their growth as professionals
Apply by sending your CV, portfolio and cover letter explaining why you’d like to work at Voima Ventures and why you’re the ideal candidate to firstname.lastname@example.org at the latest on May 19th. Please note that we will start interviewing candidates immediately and will close the application period earlier in case we find someone fitting. For more information please contact our current Marketing Manager email@example.com or our Investment Director firstname.lastname@example.org
Ps. Get familiar with our team here and read our VC-related insights from our blog.